Last Updated – May 25, 2018
- Information We Collect and How We Use It
- Website Usage
- Third Parties
- Data Retention and Account Termination
- Contact Information
We may need to collect personal information from you when you use our website, when you get in touch with us as well as if you sign up or are involved in orders or collections, during your customer journey.
We use the information we collect as part of this process to provide our service’s functionality, such as fulfilling orders, collecting or delivering IT equipment or providing quotes. We may also use the information to improve the quality of our service and provide you with customer support.
Even when we do not retain such information, it still must be transmitted to our servers initially and stored long enough to process.
Please also note:
- Account Information: If you create a Global Resale account, we may store and use the information you provide during that process, such as your full name, email address, zip/area code, physical address, and other information you may provide with your account, such as your company name and phone number. You can modify some of the information associated with your account through your account settings. If you would like to have your account removed or believe that someone has created an unauthorized account on your behalf, you can request its removal by contacting us.
- Communications: If you sign up for a customer account or use certain features of our website such as joining our mailing list, you are opting to receive messages from Global Resale. Our communications with you will be relevant to the feature used, such as transactional messages or store information on setting up an online account, responding to your contact form enquiry via personal email or sending you offer emails if you have signed up to our mailing list.
- Transactions: If you initiate a transaction through the our services, we may collect and store information about you, such as your name, phone number, address, email, and payment information, as well as any other information you provide to us, in order to process your transaction, send communications about them to you, and populate forms for future transactions. When you submit credit card numbers, we encrypt that information using industry standard technology
- Activity: We may store information about your use of our website, such as your search activity, the pages you view, the date and time of your visit and purchases you make through our online service. Such information is designed to help us improve the products and services we provide to you.
- Eligibility: To access or use the Site, you must be 18 years or older and have the requisite power and authority to agree to the Terms contained in this Privacy Statement.
- Permission to Use the Site: We grant you permission to use the Site subject to the restrictions in these Terms. Your use of the Site is at your own risk.
- Site Availability: The Site may be modified, updated, interrupted, suspended or discontinued at any time without notice or liability.
- User Accounts: You must create an account and provide certain information about yourself, in order, to use some of the features that are offered through the our website. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account password and agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your account. We reserve the right to close your account at any time for any reason.
Cookies may transmit information about you and your use of our services, such as your browser type, search preferences, IP address, data relating to advertisements that have been displayed to you or that you have clicked on, and the date and time of your use. Cookies may be persistent or stored only during an individual session.
|Processes||Used to make our services work in the way you expect. For example, we use a Cookie that tells us whether you have already signed up for an account when you visit our website.|
|Notifications||Intended to allow or prevent notices of information or options that we think could improve your use of our services. For example, we use a Cookie that stops us from showing you the signup notification if you have already seen it.|
|Analytics||Intended to help us understand how our visitors use the website. For example, we use a Cookie that tells what pages you have on our website to help improve the flow of the website.|
You can set some Cookie preferences through your device or browser settings. Doing so may affect the functionality of our services. The method for disabling Cookies may vary by device and browser. These can usually be found in your device or browser preferences or security settings.
Third parties may receive information about you as follows:
- Service Providers: We may rely on third party providers to support or provide some of the services that we offer, such delivery and collection of goods. We may also rely on third party providers to perform certain services for us in connection with your use of our services, such as communications and hosting services, network security, technical and customer support, tracking and reporting functions, quality assurance testing, payment processing, our own marketing. We may share information from or about you with these third party providers so that they can perform their services or complete your requests. These third party providers may share information with us that they obtain from or about you in connection with providing their services such as completing your orders or requests. Third party providers may also need to share this information with their subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control in the process of providing our service to you.
- Investigations and Legal Disclosures: We may investigate and disclose information from or about you if we have a good faith belief that such investigation or disclosure: (a) is reasonably necessary to comply with legal process and law enforcement instructions and orders, such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute, judicial proceeding, or other legal process or law enforcement requests served on us; (b) is helpful to prevent, investigate, or identify possible wrongdoing in connection with our services; or (c) protects our rights, reputation, property, or that of our users, affiliates, or the public.
- Links: Our website may link to third party services, like a business’s URL. Except as set forth herein, we do not share your personal information with them, and are not responsible for their privacy practices. We suggest you read the privacy policies on or applicable to all such third party services.
We use various safeguards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or via mobile device, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Global Resale, Attn: Data Privacy Manager
Attn: Data Privacy Manager
2214 W Braker Lane
Austin, TX 78758